The Stadtschloss Weimar – the old city palace – is located at the north end of the Park an der Ilm. The first building at that location is documented around the end of the 10th century.
It was destroyed by fire several times (1424, 1618, 1774) and has been reconstructed each time over the past several hundred years.
The building is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site “Classical Weimar”.
So long … and thanks for all the fish.